Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: white body?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kelliepug's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what does in mean/tell about the american girl if her body is white cloth?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kelliepug's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the helpful information!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks again, Cherry!! Several years ago I bought a Felicity on Ebay and could never figure out why she felt so much softer and cuddlier. The fact that she came with what appears the proper box, wrist tag, and the paperback book with four girls pictured on the back cover made me less likely to doubt the seller. I just looked inside again and now noticed a slip from Pleasant Company dated 1992 regarding the packing material.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, 1992 was the year I bought my first Molly and second Sam. Liana (Sam) is a little unsteady on her legs now but she is soooo much fun to hug!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    During the first years Pleasant Company made some of the first three girls (Sam, Molly and Kirsten)with white muslin bodies. However, when Lissie was introduced they went to "all-tan" bodies, since her necklines were much lower and it looked awful.
    So, any doll with a white body is an old doll (from 1986 to 1989 generally) but some old dolls have tan bodies anyways (not all dolls in the first years were white bodied.
    I happen to have one of each of the white bodied girls as part of my collection. First I got PM Sam and Molly, but when I was able to get (and afford!) them in white bodies, I "upgraded" to them, and DD got the PM ones.
    I hope this helps!
    Ana

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The intermediate step between white bodied dolls (whom I still believe were the initial group made by Gotz for Pleasant Company when it was first getting started) and the flesh colored bodies with white strings to tie on the heads were dolls with lighter tan bodies and ribbons to tie on their heads. Like the white bodied dolls, these (probably 1989?) dolls have very firmly stuffed bodies but they aren't as chunky as the dolls who were made in Germany in the early 1990's. The early to mid 1990's dolls made in Germany or America for Pleasant Co. were often stuffed rather loosely so their joints also tend to loosen up. They're much cuddlier to hold than either the early Gotz dolls or the made in China variety, IMHO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •